Tuesday, July 31, 2012

August Mom of the Month - Karissa Druse

"Karissa is a shining example of fitness, health, and happiness.  She is a great role-model for her sweet daughter, Harper!" -Lauren Murty, Instructor & Owner of SS of NOC

This month we recognize KARISSA DRUSE for her accomplishment and dedication to fitness, motherhood and life! Our Brea, Fullerton, Placentia and Yorba Linda Stroller Strides Team would like to say, "THANK YOU KARISSA," for being part of our Stroller Strides family!

1. Who are the members of your family? 
The members of my family are my sweet husband Jon, and our 19 month old little girl Harper.

2. What is or was your career? 
Before I was a mom, I was a hairdresser. I still do hair once a month in a salon, but being a mom is my number one job for now. ;)

3. How long have you been a member of Stroller Strides and what has it done for you? 
I have been a in stroller strides for about a year and a half. Its been so great and have loved every minute of it. It has shown me how important it is to be active and healthy as a mom, and make it part of our everyday family life. I have met amazing mama friends though it and look forward to more years to come! 

4. What is something that has surprised you about motherhood?
Something that has surprised me about motherhood, is how much you can love someone in such a special way. Its such a neat and special love and it grows everyday!

5. Favorite website(s)?   
Facebook, pinterest and "browsing" online  at Anthropologie and Pottery Barn for fun decorating ideas. Love to decorate and rearrange my house all too much! ;)

6. List three current obsessions.   
Hmmm...this is a hard one.... 1)..my family. LOVE our days as a family where we have nothing planned and can just spend time together!! 2) My friends and loved ones. I love people, and LOVE being around them and spending quality time. 3) Does Target qualify?!?! ;)...

7. What is your child's favorite thing about you or favorite thing that you do? 
I would say that Harper loves when we turn on the music really loud and just dance and sing together through the house. Thats always fun!

8. Any tips for other moms out there?  
Well I would say im still pretty new at this "mom" thing, but just to take it one day at a time and give yourself grace. We cant be perfect and no one expects that of us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment