Sunday, May 6, 2012

May Mom of the Month - Olga Mejia



This month we recognize OLGA MEJIA for her accomplishment and dedication to fitness, motherhood and life! Our Brea, Fullerton, Placentia and Yorba Linda Stroller Strides Team would like to say THANK YOU OLGA for being part of our Stroller Strides family!



1. Who are the members of your family?
My family includes myself, and my 2.5 year old twin girls Isabel and Clara.


2. What is or was your career?
I currently work as a professor at Cal State Fullerton, a Master’s program in Counseling. I am also a Licensed Psychologist.

3. How long have you been a member of Stroller Strides and what has it done for you?
I started in mid-2010 but took a break for a few months due to the girls’ nap time, and have been consistently attending since late 2010. Stroller Strides has given us so much that it is difficult to put into words. Among the many gains include confidence and connection in mothering, socialization for the girls, and learning the value of healthy body. It also helps that the girls are learning to count backwards!

4. What is something that has surprised you about motherhood?
How much constant work it is! I had heard and seen family members go through the transition, but nothing beats going through it yourself. Raising twins is no easy task. At the same time, I am also completely in love with my girls and am constantly amazed at how they are developing and growing.

5. Favorite website(s)?
I order a lot of stuff on line, so amazon.com, and baby.com to track their development. I also regularly track and participate in commentaries/advice on a listserv for moms of multiples.

6. List three current obsessions.
Listening to all of Isabel’s and Clara’s new (outrageous and creative) phrases; they are so cute and it is just amazing at what they come up with; after that sleep and sleep.

7. What is your child's favorite thing about you or favorite thing that you do?
I love spending time with them in the morning; we just hang out in bed and tell stories, jokes, look at pictures, etc.; it’s a great way to start the day.

8. Any tips for other moms out there?
Trust your mami-instinct; take breaks and allow others to help!



No comments:

Post a Comment